RULES FOR SELLING YOUR CARDS
All purchases are subject to the policies on this page. Our buy lists are provided for your information only and should not be considered an offer to buy. Buy list prices and quantities in demand are subject to change at any time, for any reason.
Sending us an item constitutes an offer to sell the item "as is". Battleground Games & Hobbies reserves the right to refuse any offer made to us. Battleground Games & Hobbies reserves the right to limit the quantity of items submitted as well as to refuse a sale at any time, for any reason. Sellers must be 18 years old or have a parent/legal guardian submit the order. Please note that the buy prices and inventory needs of our brick-and-mortar stores differ from and are not subject to, this buy list. If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.
1) Sell orders must be a total of $10.00 or more. For sell orders totalling $1,500.00 USD or more, please contact us.
2)Please await approval before shipping your sell order. Be sure to include the print out of your confirmation e-mail. This is the invoice! Failure to provide this will result in a $1.00 penalty off the finalized total!
3) Please be sure to indicate your payment method (check, PayPal, or store credit) and include your name and address in your shipment, as well as your e-mail address and phone number. If you selected PayPal as a payment method, please be sure to include your PayPal e-mail address.
4) Make sure that the order of the cards on the invoice matches the physical order of the cards shipped to us. If the items are not sorted correctly, or if the non-bulk cards have multiple problems, a 10% penalty to your ENTIRE order will be applied. This is very important!
5) Make sure your cards are packaged securely. We are not responsible for any items damaged in transit. Some examples of secure packaging include sending cards in plastic card cases, and one-to-five row long boxes designed to hold trading cards. Do not put cards in plastic zip lock bags, binder pages, or rubber band them - these methods will result in damage to your cards! A good rule of thumb is that your cards should have no room to shift around during transit. Use newspaper or packing chips to tighten packaging. Collections that arrive in a state of complete disarray will incur penalties of up to 50% or may be refused outright. If we refuse to purchase your collection because this rule was not followed, you will be responsible for all shipping costs associated with returning your collection.
6) We encourage you to use a trackable shipping method (UPS or FedEx) to ship your package. You are allowed to ship to us via the post office (USPS), but please keep in mind that standard USPS shipping options cannot be tracked. You are responsible for all shipping costs of items you are selling/trading to us, including any postage due or custom fees that we may incur upon receipt of your package.
7) Please ship your sell order within two business days of receiving approval for your buy. You do not need to get us the cards within two days, but the postmark on the package must reflect that the cards were shipped within two business days of your confirmation e-mail. All sell orders not received after 14 business days are automatically cancelled.
If you are local to Battleground Games & Hobbies you may drop off your online buy list sell order to save on shipping. However, all policies on the page still apply, including the expected payment dates below. This includes sell orders created using the kiosk in our brick-and-mortar stores. These orders are considered to be drop-off orders as well and will likewise be paid in accordance with the payment schedule listed below.
8) Once we receive your cards, we will review your package to make sure all the cards are accounted for, and they are in the condition described. The payment amount for your sell order is not finalized until your order is processed.
9) For prompt payment, please be sure to indicate your payment method and include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. If you selected PayPal as your payment method, please be sure to include the e-mail address to pay to. Payment by check or PayPal is usually sent within 7-14 days of confirmed receipt of your cards. Trade Credit is usually issued within two days of confirmed receipt of your cards. Payments may be slightly delayed during times of great business volume (set releases, Pro Tours, etc.).
10) If your cards need to be returned (usually due to issues with grading/card condition), you are responsible for the cost of shipping to have the cards returned.
Please ship your sell order to:
Battleground Games & Hobbies
1423 Bedford Street
Abington, MA 02351
We are ALWAYS buying cards! If there is a card you are looking for that you do not see in our inventory, please do not hesitate to contact us. Don’t forget to take advantage of our generous 20% trade-in bonus! Likewise, please don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @battleground_gh for up-to-the-minute buy list news!
We are currently buying bulk items:
Magic the Gathering Battle for Zendikar Extended-art Basic Land - $0.10
Magic the Gathering Zendikar Extended-art Basic Land - $0.35
Bulk Magic the Gathering Common/Uncommons - We are currently not buying bulk Commons/Uncommons at this time.
Bulk Magic the Gathering Tokens - $1.00/100
Bulk Magic the Gathering Rare Cards - $0.08
Bulk Magic the Gathering Mythic Cards - $0.25
Bulk Magic the Gathering Promo Cards - $0.25
Bulk Magic the Gathering Foil Basic Land - $0.10
Bulk Magic the Gathering Foil Commons/Uncommons - $0.05
Bulk Magic the Gathering Foil Rare Cards - $0.25
Bulk Magic the Gathering Foil Mythic Cards - $0.50
ANY Role-playing Game Softcover Books - $1.00 (binding must be in tact)
ANY Role-playing Game Hardcover Books - $3.00 (binding must be in tact)
ANY Role-playing Game Module - $5.00 (must be complete)
ANY D&D, Pathfinder, HeroClix, Star Wars Miniature Figure (no card) - $0.15
ANY D&D, Pathfinder, HeroClix, Star Wars Miniature Figure (with card) - $0.25
Bulk item buy list current as of April 20, 2015. Just because it isn't listed above, doesn't mean we aren't buying it. Please contact us!
• Battleground Card Condition Definitions:
NM/M = "Near Mint/Mint" (Cards in Near Mint/Mint condition show minimal to no wear from shuffling or general play. A card graded in Near Mint/Mint condition is generally indistinguishable from cards in an unsleeved deck of other Near Mint/Mint cards. Foils in this category have little or no scuffing or clouding on the front.)
LP = "Lightly Played" (Cards in Lightly Played condition show definite, minor wear. Examples of cards in this grade include cards with mild border wear, minor corner wear, slight scratching, or scuffing/loss of sheen on the front due to playwear. Cards signed by the card's artist or notable Magic player, or bearing a pro tour stamp, are graded as Lightly Played condition, if they would otherwise be Near Mint or Lightly Played. Foils in this condition will generally have some clouding or wear on the front of the card. Sleeves may or may not be needed to play these cards in a tournament.)
MP = "Moderately Played" (Cards in Moderately Played condition show moderate wear, but are still legal for tournament play if sleeved. Examples of cards in this grade include cards with shuffle creasing, moderate corner wear, moderate border wear, moderate whitening on the back or front face of the card, slight-to-moderate inking along the back borders, major scratching, minor water damage, or slight (hairline) creasing.)
HP= "Heavily Played" (Cards in Heavily Played condition show extreme wear, and may not be legal for tournament play, even in a sleeve. Customers are encouraged to ask for specific definition of the type of Heavy Play damage a card might have before making a purchase of a Heavily Played card from our selections. Heavily Played cards include cards that have writing on the back, major creasing, folding, major water damage, major whitening, major border wear, major inking (white-bordered cards that are markered on front to look black-bordered), tearing, chunks missing out of the card, cards that have been run over by a car, cards that have been run through a washing machine, etc. In short, Heavily Played cards are any cards that grade worse than Moderately Played).
Please make an effort to grade your cards! If you have made an obvious effort to grade your cards, chances are we will not deduct further even if a few cards are graded slightly worse than indicated. If you make no effort to grade, expect us to be strict in our deductions!
• Rate Adjustments for Card Condition:
All listed prices are for Near Mint versions of cards. We buy Lightly Played, Moderately Played, and Heavily Played versions of cards at the following rates:
(For cards $100 and up in NM condition, please contact us for the LP/MP/HP pricing)
|NM PRICE||SP PRICE||MP PRICE||HP PRICE|
We pay identical prices for Foreign and English versions of cards, unless otherwise noted. Check our Foreign categories to see where prices deviate from English cards. We pay 50% of English buy prices for foreign Portal Three Kingdoms, and Italian The Dark cards, unless otherwise noted.
Don’t forget to take advantage of our generous 20% trade-in bonus!